- This event has passed.
General Meeting for Constitutional Reform 2020!
March 30 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
It is time to take the Iranian Association at the University of Toronto to a new chapter.
We listened to your opinions, thoughts, and concerns, and after months of debate, drafting, revision, and more debate, we are pleased to introduce the Constitutional Reform 2020 to all of our beloved members.Constitutional Reform 2020 aims to address the most pressing issues in the current constitution to envision a student club that is modern and dedicated to its members. Here are some of the most important changes:
- Say goodbye to a name that slips off of memory. IAUT is replaced with UTiran (بخوانید یوتیران) (The Iranian Association at the University of Toronto). Doesn’t UTiran just roll off the tongue and into our hearts?!
- Welcome undergrads. We have placed a grave emphasis on the engagement of undergraduate students in our club. Indeed, two Board of Director positions (out of seven) are reserved for undergraduate students.
- How can a modern student club not have a stance on diversity and inclusion? The newly implemented Statement of Equity ensures that everyone is accepted in our club regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, and age.
- New membership requirements place a focus on attracting current and incoming students to the club.
- Elections should be easy and safe-guarded. The new election laws utilize an accessible and secure online platform and restrict voting to UTorid holders.
- We believe that a student club should not engage in any political activities and the Statement of Non-Partisanship ensures that UTiran remains politics-free.
To read more about our new constitution, please visit Constitution
The Constitutional Reform 2020 is the most all-encompassing change to our club in nearly two decades! The new constitution ensures that the Iranian Association at UofT is moving ahead into an exciting new chapter where the focus is on students from all backgrounds!UTiran needs your vote to start its new life!The General Meeting will take place at GB248 on March 16th 5:30-7:00pm. All members are invited to attend the GM, ask questions, and vote on the new constitution